4 x 175g cod fillets, skinned and boned
2 tablespoons olive oil
210ml (3/4 cup) toasted cumin seeds
3 tablespoons sea salt
4 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
2 lemons, quartered
1. Heat a dry frying pan over medium heat and pour in the cumin seeds.
2. Move them around in the pan so that they toast evenly. The seeds are ready when they begin to smoke lightly.
3. Remove from the heat.
4. Lightly coat the cod with the oil.
5. Combine the spice rub ingredients and grind to a rough powder.
6. Press about one tablespoon of powder into each side of the fish. It is important to really get in there and press the spices into the flesh so that they form a crust.
7. Heat your gas, charcoal or wood fired grill until hot and then allow it to start cooling down. The grill is ready when you can only hold your hand two inches over the grill for about two seconds before it starts to burn.
8. Place the cod fillets on the grill and allow to sizzle for about two minutes per side.
9. Be careful when turning the fish so that it doesn't fall apart. Also, do not over-cook the fish or in most certainly will fall apart!
10. Serve with lemon wedges and/or a tomato and onion salsa