4 redfish fillets (approx 150g each)
1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
70ml extra virgin olive oil + extra to drizzle
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 tsp tomato puree
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
125ml dry white wine
Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
• Coat fish in flour and shake off excess
• Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
• Cook fish for 2-3 minutes on each side.
• Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
• Wipe the remaining oil out of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
• Heat the rest of the oil, then add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook until softened (approx 5 minutes).
• Add the tomato puree, tomatoes, bay leaf and wine to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
• Return the fish to the pan and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
• Once plated, squeeze the lemon juice over the fish, garnish with parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
• Serve with lemon wedges.