"Any leftovers are great added to a couscous or quinoa salad for lunch the next day!"
Handful of fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
For the spice rub:
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 spoon brown sugar
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp sumac
1 spoon ground cumin
1 spoon ground ginger
1 spoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix all the ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl.
2. Pop the trout into a lightly oiled roasting tray with the skin facing up.
3. Press the spice rub generously onto the fish skin to make a crust. Any leftover mix can be rubbed onto the other side of the trout portion.
4. Slice the lemon into rounds and add to the roasting tray.
5. Grill for 5-10 minutes on the skin, then 3-5 minutes on the other side if needed (depending on the thickness of the portion).
6. Serve with the roasted lemon slices and the chopped, fresh herbs.