This recipe is easy for little hands to help with too!
Salmon (2 portions)
5 tbsp flour, seasoned
200g bread crumbs, slightly stale are best
Pink beetroot dip:
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1-2 tsp finely grated beetroot
1 spoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut each salmon portion in half length-ways, to make two smaller versions of the original portion. It’s better to leave the skin on as this helps the salmon hold together (and it will go nice and crispy in the oven).
2. In three separate dishes measure out the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. Drizzle a little oil onto a large roasting tray.
3. Now it’s time to dip the salmon pieces. First coat each salmon piece in flour followed by egg, and then breadcrumbs. Place them straight on the roasting tray. Make sure they are lying flat and not touching each other.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and the breadcrumbs are nice and crispy. Flip once during cooking.
5. Mix up the dip ingredients in a small bowl.
6. Serve the fish fingers with the pink dip. Enjoy!