2 Salmon fillets, without skin
Extra virgin olive oil
50g of unsalted butter
1 small shallot, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
150g of Arborio or Carnaroli rice
100ml white wine
350ml of homemade nage or vegetable stock
25g of grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnishing
1 black summer truffle, thinly sliced
small splash of black summer truffle oil
Handful of rocket, washed
Salt and black pepper
1. Dry, and debone the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Add a little olive oil. To a heated saucepan and cook the fillets for roughly 3 minutes.
3. Turn the fillets over and cook the other side for a further minute.
4. When cool, flake the flesh and set aside.
5. Heat 2tbsp of olive oil and half the butter on a low heat, add the shallot s and sauté until softened.
6. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, then stir in the rice and a small dash of black summer truffle oil. Stir gently until the rice has taken on a glossy sheen.
7. Pour the white wine over the risotto and then turn up the heat a little. Allow to bubble away until almost evaporated.
8. Add the nage, season with salt and white pepper, cover, and cook gently until the nage has been absorbed.
9. Once the nage has been absorbed, add the remaining butter and Parmesan, and stir vigorously until the risotto is at your desired texture.
10. Gently fold in the salmon flakes and black summer truffle slices.
11. Grate some parmesan over the risotto and sprinkle some rocket.