2 fillets of Dover Sole or any flat fish
Jersey royal potatoes
1 garlic clove
2 large eggs
50ml double cream
50ml of White wine vinegar
50ml of White wine
Salt & pepper
1. Prepare the fish by seasoning with salt, pepper and slices of lemon and bake at 180oC until cooked golden brown.
2. Prepare the chive butter sauce by finely chopping the shallot, garlic and thyme and add to a saucepan with the white wine vinegar and white wine. Simmer and reduce by half.
3. Add the cream and bring to boil, turn down the heat and add the butter. Now add the chives and season.
4. Boil the potatoes until cooked through, drain and crush lightly with a fork adding a knob of butter, lemon juice and season. Add a handful of chopped chives (optional).
5. Poach the eggs in a saucepan with a small amount of vinegar.
6. Plate the crushed potatoes and place the fish on top followed by the poached egg.
7. Sieve the chive butter to remove the shallots and garlic and glaze over the top.
8. Serve on a bed of spinach and garnish with watercress.