Fish is the Dish from
Cook up a taste of Italy with this smoked haddock frittata
200g smoked haddock chunks
4 large eggs
3tbsp semi-skimmed milk
10 fresh chives, snipped
1tbsp sunflower oil
50g baby spinach, washed
75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas mark 4.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and chives.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the haddock for 2 minutes, turning it over half way through.
- Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes, until wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan, making sure it spreads evenly around the fish. Cook over a low heat for 3-5 minutes, until the egg is set around the edges.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese, then place the frittata in the oven for 6 minutes until the egg is cooked. While the frittata is in the oven, preheat the grill to a high setting. When the frittata is cooked, place under the grill and allow the cheese bubble.
- Serve the frittata from the pan – it’s perfect with a mixed salad.