Comfort food at its best!
1. Finely chop the onion and spring onions separately.
2. Peel the skin off the mackerel, remove any bones and flake.
3. Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
4. Tip the onion into the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes until soft.
5. Stir in the rice and mix until it is coated in the butter.
6. Pour in the wine and let it bubble until it has almost disappeared, stirring constantly.
7. Pour in half of the stock and give it a good stir, then leave it to gently cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add half of the remaining stock, stir again and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Keep adding stock and cooking it until the rice is tender.
10. Stir the flaked mackerel, sprint onions and spinach into the rice.
11. Cook until the spinach has wilted slightly.