250g cooked brown crab meat picked
4 rashers of pancetta or smoked bacon (finely diced)
1 small leek (trimmed and finely sliced)
200ml fish stock
75ml double cream
½ tsp English mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ lemon, juice only
25g cheddar cheese, grated
25g fresh breadcrumbs
1. For the baked crab, preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the butter, leeks and pancetta and fry until softened then add the stock and cook until reduced slightly.
3. Add the double cream and return to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until just thickened.
4. Add the mustard, cayenne and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Stir the picked crab meat into the sauce.
6. Mix the cheddar and breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
7. Divide the crab mixture among 4 crab shells or oven proof dishes and top with the cheesy breadcrumbs.
8. Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling.