Gills Gills Gills from
Ingredients – makes 8 large samosas
- 1 dressed crab
- Two spring onions
- 50g Grana Padano
- 25g chopped parsley
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 a red chilli
- 1 lemon
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the raita:
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 50g mint
- 250g natural yoghurt
- Start off by preheating your oven to 200C.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crab along with pepper (the parmesan will season so don’t add salt until you have tasted the final mix).
- Finely chop the parsley and spring onions and add to the mix.
- Finely grate the Grana Padano and add to the mix.
- Finally, zest the lemon and add, alongside the lemon juice.
- Set the mixture to one side whilst you get the filo prepared.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Take the filo sheets and cut in half to create 8 rectangles.
- One sheet at a time layout on greaseproof paper and place the crab parcel inside. Wrap the filo around the samosa. This works best if you continue to fold on yourself, you are aiming to create a triangle. However if you can’t get the shape quite right it will still look fine once baked. They don’t have to be perfect!
- Repeat for all eight samosas and then place on a baking tray.
- Brush each samosa with the olive oil. This will create a lovely golden brown colour on the pastry.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
- Set aside for five to cool down whilst you make your raita.
- Finely chop the cucumber and mint and add to a bowl with the yoghurt. Season to taste.
- Serve the samosas on a platter with a bowl of the raita on the side.
For more wonderful recipes from the girls visit them here