Fish is the Dish from
A lovely, crisp topping adds some bite to the smooth, creamy halibut.
- 2 halibut portions
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra to grease
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs i.e. dill, parsley
- 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 15g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 325g tin of sweetcorn in water, drained
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C / gas 4.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with oil.
- Season the halibut portions with salt & pepper and place in the ovenproof dish. Squeeze over some lemon juice and pour over the white wine (if using).
- Mix together the herbs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and 1 tbsp olive oil. Spoon the mixture over the fish, press down lightly and bake for 15 mins until the topping is crispy and the halibut is just cooked.
- White the fish is baking, heat the sweetcorn then stir through the spring onions.
- Divide the sweetcorn mix amongst two plates and serve topped with the crispy halibut.
Tip: you could add a little lemon or lime zest to the breadcrumbs to add a little citrus zing!