1 green chilli
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp olive oil
200g peas, preferably fresh
50ml white wine
100ml vegetable stock
Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
4 brill fillets (approx 150g each)
1 tbsp lemon juice
Flour for dusting
• Rinse, halve and de-seed the green chilli and chop very finely.
• Peel the shallot and garlic and chop very finely.
• Sauté the shallot and garlic in hot oil until translucent, add peas and continue cooking.
• Deglaze the pan with wine and let it boil down.
• Add the vegetable stock to the pan and simmer gently 5-7 minutes.
• Add the green chilli and lemon zest, stir and simmer gently until most of the liquid cooks away (approx 3 minutes).
• Gently mash the peas with a fork.
• Season the pea salsa with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and leave it to cool.
• Rinse the brill fillets, pat dry, drizzle with lemon juice and let stand 5-10 minutes.
• Pat the brill fillets dry and dust them with flour.
• Heat the butter and sauté the brill fillets skin-side down until they are golden brown, then turn them over and sauté until golden brown.
• Remove the brill fillets from the pan, season them with salt and serve on the pea salsa.