4 portions of cod (or any white fish)
60g plain flour
100ml coconut milk
1 tsp of baking powder
Mara Seaweed sachet
Vegetable oil for frying
For the Tartare Sauce:
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp greek yoghurt
4 small gherkins, chopped
1 tbsp capers
1 tbsp chopped dill
1. Season and sprinkle the cod fillets in a little of the flour. In a bowl whisk the remaining flour, egg, coconut milk, baking powder and Mara Seaweed to make a batter (keeping some seaweed aside for garnish).
2. In a small bowl mix up the tartare sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, at a depth of about 2cm for a shallow fry.
4. Dip the fillets into the batter then slowly lower into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden. Remove any excess oil left on the fish with kitchen paper.
5. Sprinkle the remaining Mara Seaweed on top of the fish and serve with tartare sauce, chips, peas and lemon slices!