A twist on an old classic!
Plaice portions x 2
Vegetable oil (enough to shallow fry)
200g of coconut flour
50-100ml coconut milk
For the mushy Peas:
1 cup frozen peas
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 spoon natural yoghurt (optional)
Small handful of mint leaves
1. Set out two plates, one for the coconut milk and one for the seasoned flour. First dip the plaice in the milk, then the flour. Set aside.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into chips and coat in seasoning of your choice (I used chilli flakes and honey), as well as a little oil. Put on the top shelf of a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip the sweet potatoes once during cooking.
3. In a small pan, boil ¾ cup of salted water and add the peas for 4-5 minutes, until cooked. Then drain away half the water and puree the peas in the remaining water and the other ingredients.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. When very hot, fry the plaice until golden brown.
6. Serve with the puréed peas, sweet potato fries and a slice of lemon!