225g white and brown crab meat from a brown crab , fresh or defrosted
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
300ml fish or chicken stock
2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) Thai fish sauce
Salt and black pepper
1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) fresh chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to burn.
3. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
4. Add the fish stock and milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are cooked.
5. Puree the soup in a liquidiser or blender. Return to the pan and stir in the crabmeat and fish sauce. Heat gently for about 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.