2 large squid tubes
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 – 2 cups of vegetable oil(depending on your pan size)
1 & 1/2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat the oil in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Cut the squid into 1/2″ rings.
3. Mix the plain flour, cornstarch, paprika and seasoning in a bowl, then add calamari rings and mix until completely coated.
4. Once the oil is hot, add 1/4 of the calamari, and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
5. Place cooked calamari on a large platter (with a paper towel underneath to absorb excess oil), and continue to cook the calamari in batches until finished.
6. Drizzle the honey and lemon juice over the calamari, season with pepper and serve!