- 2 tbsp lurpack butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 glass dry white wine for cooking and one for drinking :)
- a good pinch of freshly chopped parsley, keep some for dressing
- Coarse Sea salt
- black pepper
- 1kg Fishbox Shetland Blue mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Crusty bread
- Clean all of the mussels in and de-beard them any mussels that are open give them a tap with a knife if they don't close discard them.
- Melt butter add onion to a pan over medium-low heat and cook until sweating and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mussels and steam put the lid on until all shells are open. (about 5 min)(Discard any shells that aren’t open.)
- sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread and butter.
Tip: Why not add black olives and peppers. For an extra kick add 1 sliced red chilli. You could also serve this with some pasta