Cod or pollack
Fishbox pie mix
900g floury potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
110g unsalted butter
600ml whole milk
2 bay leaves
100g frozen peas
1 large leek
50g plain flour
5 tablespoons chopped flat leafed parsley
3 tablespoons chopped dill
40g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Boil a pan of salted water and add potatoes. Boil until tender, drain well and mash over a low heat. Beat in a couple of tablespoons of butter, a splash of milk (or cream!) and set aside.
2. Cut the fish into chunks and add to a large pan, together with the milk, bay leaves and a sprinkling of pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour to form a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes over a gentle heat. Strain the warm milk into the pan, bit by bit. Continue to whisk and add milk until you have a smooth, thick sauce. You might not need all the milk, but try to include at least 400ml. Season to taste and stir in the parsley and dill.
4. In a separate pan, add a knob of butter and the chopped leek. Cook until sautéed and add into the white sauce, along with the frozen peas.
5. Pour the sauce into your pie dish and mix gently until fish is dispersed.
6. Top with the mashed potato, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake in an over heated to 180C (Gas Mark 4) for roughly 20 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
You can find more recipes from Olivia at OH! Taste