Karen Burns-Booth from
- 2 hake fillets (about 125g each, skin on)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a little flour
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- parsley and lemon wedges to serve
serve this recipe with fried tomatoes and spinach for 2 of your five a day on the same plate as the fish. Perfect for a mid-week family meal and easy to prepare and cook.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic granules and black pepper to the flour, and coat the skinless side of the hake fillets with the seasoned flour.
- Put the hake fillets into the pan, skin side down, and fry over a gentle heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until the skin is crispy and the fish is just starting to turn opaque.
- Gently turn the fillets over and cook for a further 2 minutes on the the skinless side, before taking out of the pan and serving with seasonal vegetables and potatoes. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a lemon wedge.