Fishbox HQ from
2 tbsp. plain flour
1 tsp. turmeric
1 fennel, thinly sliced without root
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 grapefruit, peeled & segmented
1 orange, peeled & segmented
120 ml olive oil
120 ml vegetable oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Zest from a lemon
Juice from the zested lemon
2 tbsp. of capers (baby ones if you can)
2 sprigs dill, roughly chopped
12 sticks of long stemmed broccoli
- Mix the flour, salt & turmeric together and spread onto a plate. Coat the wings on either side. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan on a medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- Carefully place in the wings and cook on either side until lightly golden brown
- Add in the lemon juice and capers
- Cook in the oven for 6-10 mins at 160°C or until the flesh on the thicker side is firm.
- In a large pan add the potatoes and water (leaving enough space to add the broccoli), a teaspoon of salt, and boil. When cooked drop in your broccoli and cook for a further 2-3 min or until the broccoli is done. Drain everything then carefully cut the potatoes in half.
- Toss the potatoes and broccoli into a large bowl and add all the other salad ingredients. Mix lightly, empty into 4 bowls, place the skate on top, using a little of the leftover oil and capers to drizzle over the wings. Finish with the chopped dill.