Any white fish
100 grams Breadcrumbs
80 grams Parmesan Cheese
A handful of chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp of dried)
1/2 teaspoon Smoked or sweet paprika
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Ground black pepper
85 grams Flour (Omit if diet gluten free)
50 ml Scottish rapeseed oil
1 Lemon (cut into wedges for garnish)
1. Place the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and paprika in a bowl, season with salt and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
2. Place the flour into a bowl. In another bowl whisk the egg.
3. Slice the fish into fish finger shapes (approximately 8cm long x 2cm wide)
4. Cover each fish finger with flour, dip into the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs and coat completely. Chill until ready to cook.
To cook, pan fry or bake in the oven.
5. To shallow fry: place rapeseed oil in a frying pan. Heat the oil until sizzling when fish is added. Fry for 1 -2 minutes each side or until golden crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. To oven bake; heat the oven to 210°C and place the fish fingers on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes until golden in colour.