Fish is the Dish from
2 fillets of any white fish or Fishcake pieces
2 large potatoes
1 tbsp fresh parsley
2 large eggs
Bowl of flour
Bowl of breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper
Rice paper for Pudsey’s bandage
Peas & sweetcorn for the bandage spots, and to serve
Black sesame seeds or olives for his facial features
Salad, to serve
- Boil and mash the potatoes
- Cut your fish up finely and add to the mashed potato. Season with salt, pepper, lemon zest (if you wish) and fresh parsley. Add a little bit of beaten egg to bind.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even sized pieces then roll into a ball and press into a teddy bear shaped cookie cutter or use a knife to shape the cake into a teddy bear shape.
- For best results leave to chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Have 3 separate bowls with flour, remainder of the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Take each fishcake, cover in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until piping hot and the outside is golden and crunchy.
- Make a bandage from rice paper and add peas and sweetcorn for some colour. Decorate Pudsey’s facial features with black sesame seeds or olives.
- Serve on a bed of mixed leaves or with peas and sweetcorn.