Michael from Fishbox HQ loves his fish with a little kick, this recipe works well with most white fish
2 large Fishbox Hake portions
2-4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
2 Spring onions
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Soy sauce (4 tbsp)
clear honey (2TBSP)
- Marinate the fish in the mixture of Soy, Honey, Ginger and Garlic. Leave in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
- 2. Marinate the fish in the mixture of Soy, Honey, Ginger and Garlic. Leave in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- 3. Season the fish fillets generously and place them in an oven safe dish skin side down
- 4. Add the remaining garlic, ginger, chilli, honey and soy juice onto the fish and then add the spring onions.
- 5. Bake for 25 min basting the fish every 5 min The liquor will reduce to a beautiful glaze covering the Hake.
- 6. Once cooked plate fish and cover with all of the lovely juices. Serve with noodles, mash or rice and some wilted greens.
You can add some toasted sesame seeds for a little extra crunch and the zest of 2 limes. Also 1tbsp Sriracha chilli sauce for an extra kick. Works well served with your favourite salad.