Michael from Fishbox HQ loves his fish with a little kick, this recipe works well with most white fish
2 large Fishbox Hake portions
2-4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
2 Spring onions
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
a good glug of dark Soy sauce (4 tbsp)
Squeeeeeze of good clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Marinate the fish in the mixture of Soy, Honey, Ginger and Garlic. Leave in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
3. Season the fish fillets generously and place them in an oven safe dish skin side down
4. Add the remaining garlic, ginger, chilli, honey and soy juice onto the fish and then add the spring onions.
5. Bake for 25 min basting the fish every 5 min The liquor will reduce to a beautiful glaze covering the Hake.
6. Once cooked plate fish and cover with all of the lovely juices. Serve with noodles, mash or rice and some wilted greens.
You can add some toasted sesame seeds for a little extra crunch and the zest of 2 limes. Also 1tbsp Sriracha chilli sauce for an extra kick. Works well served with your favourite salad.