The Bordelaise in this does not refer to the French sauce, in the case of seafood it refers to a sauce composed of white wine, garlic and shallot.
1. Shuck the scallops and clean the shells for serving.
2. Finely chop the shallot and parsley
3. Crush the garlic.
4. Skin, de-seed and finely dice the tomatoes.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallot and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the tomato, parsley, lemon rind, seasoning, wine and scallops.
7. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Spoon each scallop back into a shell with the tomato mixture and place into a large heatproof dish.
9. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
10. Drizzle over the melted butter and place under a hot grill.
11. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.