"The caramelised apples complimented the scallops brilliantly!"
Fishbox Queen or King Scallops (as desired)
2 slices of black pudding
1 sliced and peeled apple
1 knob of butter
2 large handfuls of rocket
2 slices of lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter in a pan until bubbling, add the apple segments and cook until golden.
2. While the apples are cooking grill the black pudding.
3. If you have received the scallops in their shell, shuck them carefully with a knife (you can remove the roe if you wish) and then fry in the butter with the apples. 2 minutes each side.
4. Put a handful of rocket on each plate and place apple slices and cooked scallops on top, then crumble black pudding over.
5. Dress with balsamic glaze.
6. Serve with a slice of lemon for squeezing.