400g cooked white fish fillets flaked
400g mashed potatoes
Squeeze of lemon juice
1-2 eggs, beaten
Vegetable oil, for greasing
40g plain flour
150g frozen peas, thawed
100g cooked prawns (defrosted if frozen)
6 mini mozzarella balls 2 black olives, chopped into small pieces
1. Mix the fish and mashed potato together. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, season with black pepper and add a little of the egg, if necessary, to bind the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 4 even sized pieces then pat each into a ‘face’ shape. Make indentations where the eyes and mouth will be. Place on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4. Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil.
3. Place the remaining egg, flour and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow dishes. Dip each fish cake into the flour, tapping off any excess. Then dip them into the egg and the breadcrumbs and place on the prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. While the fishcakes are cooking, cook the pasta in boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain well.
5. Heat the peas and prawns in the microwave for around 3 minutes, or until piping hot.
6. Once everything is ready, get assembling! Put the fishcakes on plates and use the pasta, prawns and peas to make Medusa’s scary hair! Cut 8 of the mozzarella balls in half then add a piece of black olive to make the eyes and chop the remaining mozzarella balls to make the teeth.