1kg tusk fillets
4 cloves of garlic, sliced finely
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
30g dried tamarind
115ml boiling water
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
Oil for frying
• Place the tamarind in a bowl and add the boiling water, then leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
• Once infused, remove the tamarind flesh and seeds.
• Fry the garlic in oil until it is transparent.
• Add the teriyaki, sugar, fish sauce, tamarind liquid and ginger to the pan and boil for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
• Steam or pan-fry the tusk fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side.
• Plate the fish, pour over the sauce and serve with jasmine rice.