125ml sunflower oil
125ml light olive oil
2 tbsp coconut cream
2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
1 grated carrot
160g shredded green cabbage
160g shredded red cabbage
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
8 x 100g skinless whiting fillets
75g plain flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
300g dried breadcrumbs
2 tsp lemon zest
Large pinch of black pepper
Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
4 bread rolls, split
• Place the egg in a small food processor.
• While the processor is running, slowly add oils a few drops at a time until the mixture starts to thicken.
• Pour in the remaining oil in a thin, steady steam, whisking constantly until thick and pale.
• Stir through the coconut cream and desiccated coconut.
• Chill until ready to serve.
• Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl with half of the coconut mayonnaise.
• Season, then stir to combine.
• Set aside until ready to serve.
• Mix the lemon zest and pepper together and combine with the flour in a bowl.
• Place the eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
• Dip the fish first in the flour mixture, then coat in egg and finally in the breadcrumbs until well coated.
• Heat oil in a large pan to 190°C.
• Deep-fry the fish for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden.
• Drain on paper towel.
• Serve the fish in the rolls with the slaw, remaining coconut mayonnaise and extra coriander.